EXTENDED DEADLINE- CALL OF APPLICATIONS for the selection of 15 lawyers for the participation in a thematic training #Justice4Moldova and Group of Justice Experts
The Institute for European Policies and Reforms (IPRE), extends the deadline for the submission of applications for the participation in the #Justice4Moldova training programme.
Lawyers interested in enhancing their capacity to develop research, policy analysis, legal opinions, and monitoring reports on good governance, justice and rule of law strategies are invited to participate in the #Justice4Moldova training programme and become members of the Group of Justice Experts.
The training programme will be organised in September 2023 in Chisinau and will include two modules:
- Module 1: main concepts, tools and instruments on conducting policy development and monitoring with a particular focus on justice sector policies.
- Module 2: tools and best practices in conducting policy advocacy, public communication, and effective interaction with national and international stakeholders
The call is open to lawyers with working experience in civil society organisations, academia, public and research institutions who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in law, public administration, good governance, human rights, or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in civil society organisations, bar associations, academia, public and research institutions;
- At least 1 year of proven experience in policy monitoring, policy development, writing position and research papers on public policies in the field of justice, anticorruption, good governance, human rights, or other relevant areas;
- Motivation to contribute to changes and evidence-based policy work;
- Leadership skills and ability to work under pressure and deadlines;
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills including public communication skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and English (oral and written). Knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
- Availability for participation throughout the entire programme;
- Interest in becoming part of the Group of Justice Experts and conduct policy and legal analysis, monitoring policies and strategies in the area of good governance, rule of law, justice and human rights (December 2023 – February 2026).
Following successful completion of the training programme, 3 of the participants will be selected as experts of the Group of Justice Experts and will contribute to the development of research, analysis and reports between December 2023 and February 2026.
Each of the three selected GEJ experts will benefit from:
- a part-time service contract for a period of 26 months for at least 65 working days with a remuneration of 200 EUR gross per working day;
- a mentorship programme for the development and promotion of public policy documents and peer-review support provided by IPRE experts;
Submission of applications
Interested candidates to participate in the #Justice4Moldova program and potentially become members of the Group of Justice Experts (GEJ) are invited to fill in the online Application Form available here by 9 August 2023, 23.59, Chisinau time. The application will include the following:
- CV in Romanian or English;
- Signed letter of motivation answering to the question why you should be selected to participate in the training program #Justice4Moldova and eventually be selected as policy expert of the Group of Justice Experts (300 words in Romanian language);
- A copy of a recent publication, analysis or report in area of good governance, justice and anticorruption policies authored or co-authored by the candidate (in Romanian or English).
More details on the conditions of participation are available here (Terms of reference).
For any additional information or questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ecaterina Popșoi, Project manager at the following email address: [email protected] or by phone: +373 22 788978
The activity is implemented in the framework of the project “Securing integrity, efficiency and independence of the justice system in Moldova – #Justice4Moldova” implemented by IPRE as lead partner, in consortium with the Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR), funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Soros Foundation Moldova.