Duration: 11 months (July 2018 – June 2019)
General objective: to promote societal dialogueon identity, integrationof minorities and modernizationin Moldova in the framework of EU association
- Identification of measures to promote an integrating identity in cooperation with civil society
- Support for the implementation of the strategy to strengthen inter-ethnic relations through contributions to the implementation measures of the Action Plan 2017-2020
- Creation of a platform of representatives of all relevant ethnic groups and their institutionalisation for dialogue with civil society and state representatives on issues of socio-economic participation, education and the role of the media
- High-visibility dialogue on values & norms of the EU association agreement to increase knowledge of advantages/potentials of EU association for society
- Communication of norms and values and formulation of policy recommendations that contribute to strengthening social cohesion
- Local and regional workshops
Two local and two regional workshops will be held with with representatives of all ethnic groups and active civil society (esp. youth and students) to discuss and agree on demands for socio-economic participation, education policy and the role of the media as well as the EU association process.
- Policy debates
Organisation of two policy debates with opinion maker/leader, government representatives and the EU delegation to discuss the implementation of the strategy for strengthening inter-ethnic relations.
- Documentary videos and TV shows
Organization of two TV shows and preparation of two short documentary videos (RO/RU) in partnership with local media.
- Policy recommendations
A seminar will be organized to discuss preliminary results and policy recommendations with the participation of relevant stakeholders, such as the Agency for Interethnic Relations, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research and the OSCE.
- Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP)
- Institute for European Policies and Reforms (IPRE)
- Institute for Strategic Initiatives (IPIS)
Partners from public sector
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Research
- Agency for Interethnic Relations
- Local public authorities
- Pro Europe Center Comrat
- Pro Europe Center Cahul
- Youth Center “Dacia” Soroca